Cycling UK celebrated it's 141st birthday
09 August 2019
Cycling UK Stevenage
Cycling UK celebrated it's 141st birthday on Monday 5th August and the
Stevenage Group have published a new summer programme of at least four local
cycle rides a week. It includes the Stevenage Cycling Festival period.
Cycling UK, then CTC or the Cyclists' Touring Club organised it's first
group ride in August 1878.
From Stevenage there are:
* Saturday Starter rides from Costello's Café in Fairlands Valley Park (SG2
0BL) at 2p.m. EVERY Saturday.
* Wednesday evening rides from Stevenage Old Town, meet near Springfield
House (SG1 3EJ) at 7.15p.m. with lights EVERY Wednesday.
* Slightly faster Friday Flings from Stevenage Old Town (SG1 3EJ) at
7.15p.m. with lights EVERY Friday.
* Morning Meanders most Sundays from Stevenage Old Town (SG1 3EJ) at 10a.m.
* and a huge variety of longer Sunday rides and challenge rides, including
an off road challenge this Sunday 11th August.
New riders will be very welcome to try a few rides.
Please visit www.stevenagectc.org.uk for more details of the programme and
what to expect.
The Cycling Festival is from 17th to 25th August.