£300 - £10,000 available
Shelley, Sports Project Officer at the Herts Sports Partnership (HSP) has asked us to share this with you all:
Sport England recently announced an extension to their current Return to Play fund. With a further £5 million in the pot and just a handful of Hertfordshire sports clubs having applied, there is plenty of opportunity left for the county to get its fair share.
If your club hasn't considered the fund, HSP is urging you to get in touch, as we're working with our funding partner Funding 4 Sport to ensure that as many applications are submitted as possible.
The Sport England Return to Play: Small Grants seeks to help and support sport and physical activity groups, clubs and organisations in responding to the immediate challenges of returning to play in a Covid-safe manner (when we’re allowed!)
This could include contributing to covering the costs incurred by having to deliver activity in smaller groups than normal or having the correct hygiene and safety equipment. Funding could be used for minor amendments to facilities, additional sports equipment, signage and training courses (i.e for volunteer / workforce development) to help you deliver your activities safely.
- Awards of £300 - £10,000 are possible
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities
- Applications should be focused on returning people to previously run activity, or enabling previous projects to adapt to resume delivery, when that is possible to do so. * At this time, we are not looking to support new projects or start-ups. *
Responding to the Lockdown
- Organisations based in Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) 1-5 can now seek support towards ongoing running costs – for example rent, utilities and insurance. This is capped at a maximum of £3,000 and will only be considered with an eligible funding request. Sport England will not solely support running costs.
- Flexibility over start date – Sport England ask that activity resumes within six weeks of national / local lockdown restrictions being lifted
- Sport England have extended the programme, and this will remain open, up to 30 June.
Please note that nothing is guaranteed, but more information about the Fund (including eligibility / criteria, and key funding priorities) is available on https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/our-funds/return-play-small-grants
If your club / organisation / community group is interested in applying, please do not hesitate to contact me as I am happy to discuss this with you and see how best the Partnership can support you.
Please note my normal working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Herts Sports Partnership | Hertfordshire Sports Village | De Havilland Campus | Hatfield | Herts | AL10 9EU
Web: www.sportinherts.org.uk | Tel: 01707 285887 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: sportinherts | Facebook: sportinherts | Instagram: sportinherts